After reading several blogs about the 7 day meal plan challenge I thought I would give it a try. Brian and I started South Beach Diet again and Phase 1 is brutal. You can't have any carbs for 2 weeks. So I figured this was the perfect time to try and plan ahead a weeks worth of meals all SBD approved, of course. So far we are on day 3 and doing great. It is amazing how you can achieve something when you plan for it. There are no excuses bc I already know what is for dinner when I get home. No temptation to order out or snack on junk while we decide what to do for dinner. This is always a challenge in our house as we both work and have a long commute.
I also am saving money on groceries. I make a list for 7 days and only buy what is on the list bc every meal is accounted for. Therefore, no extra spending. Also, everything is fresh so no middle isles of the grocery store. Usually, that's where it is easy to throw things in the cart.
Anyway here is week one:
Monday: Pork Scaloppine with Herbs and Fresh Green Beans
Tuesday: Mexican Chicken Soup (I cut up chicken in advance and put in fridge)
Wednesday: Shrimp Scampi and Eggless Cesar Salad (I pre made salads for lunch's/dinner)
Thursday: Turkey Polish Sausage with Sauerkraut and Fresh Green Beans
Friday: South Beach Classic Grilled Sirloin Hamburger & Lemony Sauteed Escarole
Saturday: Mini Greek Meatballs
Sunday: Three Bean Chili with Cheese and Raw Onions
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Planning Ahead
Posted by Amanda at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Guess whose not coming to dinner
Well my breakfast is a soy milk tofu smoothy. Doesnt that sound good??? :-)
Post a Comment