BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a Weekend!

This has been a crazy weekend to say the least. It started out during the day on Friday when Blake was feeling a bit warm. He was acting ok so I wasn't too concerned. You see grandma Judy was planning on watching the boys bc Brian had to work Saturday and I had plans to go to the 1145 Lill Studio Sample Sale. Anyway, Blake's fever spiked at 104 degrees around 2pm Friday. I was freaking out. But, we gave him Motrin and it went down. By the evening it had been low enough that Brian took them to grandmas. But, it seemed like every time the Motrin wore off his fever would spike. Finally, I called the Dr. to see what we should do and was told we could not do a thing. She basically said to continue the Motrin to keep him comfortable and if it was not down by Monday I should bring him in to her office. Not much help there.

Now here is where it gets interesting. Saturday afternoon my mother in law called back and said there was another minor problem. Zachary had a little incident. Apparently, he was going to the bathroom and the toilet seat slammed down on his you know what!!!! He screamed so loud they said they had no idea what happened. Immediately they assumed he slipped and hit his head on the tile or something. The last thing they would have guessed was that! Now it is all black and blue and very sore as one can imagine. Good Lord!

Finally, to top off the weekend, it has been raining forever and it took me an hour and a half to get to Grandma's house today. This is normally a 25 minute drive. Every road is closed due to flooding. The Bishop Ford and 80/94 were both closed. Torrence, Kennedy Ave, Cline Ave, Indy Blvd and Calumet were also closed. I finally went down 41 to Cedar Lake and that was a mess. There was so much water. I thought for sure I would be on the news as one of those crazy people that drove through a puddle bc they thought it wasn't that deep. :-) Thank goodness that didn't happen.

We are now all home and finally relaxing. I am about 99% sure I will be working from home tomorrow as I am not about to make the commute to Chicago.

That's all for now.

0 comments: