BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

FSBO

Well this might be a shock to some but, we have our house listed. Again. This time we are keeping it on the market until sold. However long that takes in this cruddy market. But, after much thought and consideration we decided the best thing for us is to get out of this house and buy my parents place. They want to sell and get a townhouse or condo in Indiana and keep their place in Florida. My mom had a full knee replacement done and really isn't liking the stairs in their house. So we talked about it and realized that we are outgrowing our house by the minute and we need more space. Actually, a better layout. I know it sounds funny to say we have too many stairs since their house has double but, they have a bathroom on the main level.

So now the long process of selling begins. We also decided to sell by owner. I know we are nuts! But, we interviewed a few real estate agents and they all said a price that was less than we owe on the place. Not good, right? So the only way to break even is to go the by owner route. Since you have to add closing costs, taxes from 07, taxes from 08, and 5% commission that ends up being a ton of dough. The other issue is not a whole lot is selling around here to comp our house with, and the realtors are nervous it won't appraise given the "mortgage crisis" in this area/country. Thanks Countrywide!!! That was sarcastic, if you couldn't tell..... I wonder where our mortgage is through??? lol So long story short we are not getting ahead in this house given the market. And before it gets worse we are getting the heck outta here. :-)

Well that's all for now. Feel free to give us a call w/ questions, or if you want to buy a house! It's cheap. Kidding... ha ha

3 comments:

heyjude5135 said...

All I gotta say is...OMG Mandie!!!

Author Joe Dyson said...

Don't buy that place until your Dad cleans out the basement. You don't need all those pine cones.

AEGN said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I think our house is too small for our family as well, but we are going to take it off the market til spring. I have decided to try to be happy with it, at least for the short term. :)