BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Diet Begins...

I have to vent a bit about diets. I hate them!! I had my 6 week checkup yesterday and the Dr. said I am completely healed and I can begin a diet and exercise regime. Was she trying to say something? She goes on to say that the weight doesn't come off as easy with the 2nd baby. If I hear that one more time I am going to scream! But, when my appt. ended she said she was pleased with the way I healed and the weight I already lost. So I am not mad at Dr. Beyer anymore. Ha ha ha.... Not that I really was mad at her in the first place. :-)

Brian and I lost weight before I got pregnant using the South Beach Diet. Brian actually lost about 30 pounds! Go Brian. But, with mommy being preggers he gained a few back. I kept telling him ice cream and chocolate were needed during pregnancy but, he never bought it. hmmmmm I wonder why? For those of you who don't know the SBD, Phase 1 is very difficult. After the first 2 weeks (Phase 1) it is easy, and pretty much how we were eating before baby. Here is a brief summary of what we are ALLOWED to eat for the next 2 weeks: veggies, hummus, peanut butter, sugar free jello, and did I mention veggies. So not much. We are on day 2 and both have splitting headaches but, we know it is only for 2 weeks. Thank goodness.

In closing, Phase 1 ends on Easter Sunday. I will keep everyone posted on the progress. For now we are looking forward to Easter.

P.S. Did I mention how much easier it is to do this with someone. Thanks Brian!

0 comments: