BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

The price of gas...

Brian and I came to the realization that even though the price of gas is so high we can't stop driving. Especially him as he needs to work. So after much consideration Brian decided it was time to get rid of his HUGE gas sucking truck and trade her in for a car! I am still shocked. However, he's spending $70+ twice a week to fill "Bessie" up. That is just to get to work and back. Ugg.

Anyway, he bought a Nissan Maxima. Here is the interesting tidbit: old gas guzzler 13 mpg - new small car 26 mpg! We figured it would be a savings of $300/month in gas alone. It is a much cheaper vehicle any way we look at it. What a relief, and it is better for the environment too!

In conclusion, the way I look at it is people can't stop driving, so they will just trade their huge SUV's in for much smaller and efficient vehicles. Makes sense to me!

0 comments: