I went to our bowling meeting tonight and I thought I'd post a quick note to let our team know the changes.
1. The most important issue. There will be buckets of beer this year!
2. $16.00/week. Grrrrrr Stardust raised it by $.50 and we are doing a sweeper game the last night of bowling for pins over average. Just another way to get more money at the end.
3. No more post bowling. I don't think we ever even did that anyway. Supposedly several teams were not showing up when they found out who they were bowling bc they were a slow team! Then they would bowl out to have their scores count. So they said no more to that.
4. We have a waitress this year only for the girls side. The manager said they are trying to boost beer sales so they are going to have specials. It was very obvious they knew people were bringing their own. No more of that! I won't mention any names..... :-)
5. There will be a banquet this year bc Jackie won't be able to add all the pins over average on the last night. It will be the following Thursday after the last night. More info to come on that....
6. We have 19 teams this year. Up from 11 last year. Crazy.
7. Finally, we start Thursday, September 4th. Same time, same place.
Oh, and the Stardust in Hammond closed. The Dyer Stardust got all their new pins, bumpers, and equipment. The manager said there should be less lane problems this year. Not sure if I believe that. They are also getting new carpet throughout.
That's all for now. Let me know if you have any questions. Cya there!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
It's Bowing Time!
Posted by Amanda at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment