BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's a Twister, It's a Twister...

Well folks we had a crazy night and day today. It started off last night with me going bowling with co- workers downtown for a work event. I told Brian I would be home early since we had a lot to do at the house. Little did I know that a half hour after I got home a massive storm would rip through our town and we would be without power for almost 24 hours! We finally got our power back this evening and we turned on the news to find out a TORNADO went down Ridge Road and landed in Griffith. For those of you who don't know the area, Ridge Road is our backyard, and Griffith is the next town over. I am attaching some pictures from our street so you can get the idea of the damage. My poor parents still don't have power and neither do our neighbors. But, we are on the same power grid as the street signals on Ridge and Route 41 so I believe that is why were got ours back so soon.

The moral of the story is we are so dependant on electricity it is sad. I had both children home with me all day w/ no air conditioning, no TV, no nothing! Zac was so confused why we could not just turn the switch on to get light. He also asked me this morning what we were going to do all day with no cartoons! But, we managed just fine. Lots of Playdoh, reading books and he even helped me clean.

Look at how many trees are on our street. Scary during a storm.
Looking down the street in front of our house
A neighbors house
more trees
and more trees


1 comments:

Author Joe Dyson said...

You can tell when it's a really bad tornado if you see a scarecrow, a tin man and a lion walking around together.

My advice is, tap your heels together three times.