BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

I spoke to soon...

So I have a lovely breast infection. See, I just posted that breastfeeding was going so much better this time and sure enough last night I started to feel really bad. I woke up in the middle of the night w/ a 102 degree temp and horrible chills. Great. I called my dr. this morning and she called in some antibiotiocs. I was really glad I did not have to go in to see her and she just took my word for it. But, I did find out something interesting. The last time this happened w/ Zac I dried up almost immediately once the infection cleared. I told the nurse I was concerned and she said ice packs will help dry you up. The funny thing is I put an ice pack on last night and this morning was only able to pump 1 oz. She said never use anything cold, always warm. I have always read that ice will help the pain. Go figure! But, this time I am going to plow through this and hopefully I can continue the breastfeeding.

Ok, back to bed. At least Zac is at school today and all Blake does is sleep!!!

1 comments:

Carolyn Haack said...

all i can say is I feel your pain. or I have before. four times to be exact. I found that advil really helped me with the pain. I used wet warm waschlothes or they say cabbage leaves.